Western Australia’s truffle season is upon us and you can experience the region’s newest 4-day truffle hunting and wine travel package now. Available through the end of August, this gourmet experience takes place in Margaret River – the heart of Western Australia’s most unique food and wine destination. The Margaret River region boasts over 120 wineries and is also home to stunning beaches along the Indian Ocean.
During the hunts, travelers can meander through an enchanting canopy of truffle trees with the companionship of highly trained truffle dogs in search of the rare and delicious Black Truffle (Tuber melanosporum). These exclusive truffle hunts are a must for foodies and those who want the ‘farm-to-plate’ experience in one of the world’s premium Black Truffle regions, and are only held on The Truffle & Wine Co.’s farm in Manjimup, Western Australia. It is one of the few truffières in the world that allow a select number of people each year to participate in the rare privilege of a truffle hunting experience.
Additional highlights in this package include a stay at Margarets Beach Resort, a prime location just a short walk to the sea; a visit to the iconic Leeuwin Estate for a luxurious introduction to their wine, food and contemporary Australian art; and participation in a truffle hunt with specially trained dogs, in search of the rare delicacy known as the Black Winter Truffle.
Gourmet Truffle and Wine Experience in Western Australia
Price: From: $759 per person
Dates: Depart Perth on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday (June 5- August 23, 2018)
- Rental Car for 4 days, Intermediate size with inclusive insurance and GPS
- 2 nights accommodation at Margarets Beach Resort, including breakfast
- Ultimate Leeuwin Degustation Experience, including morning tea, wine tasting, 7-course degustation lunch with matching wines, coffee & tea
- 1 night accommodation at The RAC Karri Valley Resort, Lakeside Room including breakfast
- Truffle Hunt at The Truffle & Wine Co, including a guided hunt, information session, truffle taste, coffee, tea or juice, and wine tasting