As Bahrain continues to increase in popularity, The Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain shares 10 reasons to fall in love with this Middle Eastern destination.
An archipelago of 33 islands, The Kingdom of Bahrain has beauty in its DNA. Teeming with beautiful architecture, rich in history, diverse in culture and full of natural beauty – the Kingdom’s popularity continues to be on the rise with 15 hotels (a $10bn investment) set to open in the next five years.
With so much to offer from pearl diving to Formula 1 spectating, The Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain is the perfect base to discover this exciting destination. Here’s why everyone is falling in love with Bahrain:
1) Pearl Diving: Famous for its pearls and pearl beds since 2000 B.C., Bahrain was once the number one pearl supplier on Earth. Visitors can delve deep into the Arabian Gulf and experience pearl snorkeling – or for those seeking more of a thrill, pearl diving to discover meters of oyster beds, home to what has been prized as some of the best pearls in the world.
2) Stunning nature: Guests can visit one of the many islands that Bahrain boasts, soak in the sun, venture into the striking desert dunes or go island hopping. Reef Island prides itself in being an island of bliss in the heart of the city, located on the North shore of the capital Manama, whilst the Al Dar Island, reached easily by boat is a small island with a laid-back atmosphere and beaches, allowing visitors to unwind in serenity.
3) A Heavenly Hotel: Bahrain’s ultimate resort, The Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain is a secluded paradise overlooking the golden sands of a private beach, an idyllic lagoon and its own private island. Located only three kilometres from the city centre of Manama, guests at this luxury, white sanded resort are ideally positioned to explore local culture and delights. There are also private tennis and squash courts, water sports, divine paddle boarding on a tranquil lagoon and 11 spectacular restaurants offering authentic and incredible cuisine and design from around the world. For the ultimate in luxury the hotel’s stunning private villas sit on a slice of paradise located on Bahrain Island’s north coast and just three kilometres from the bustling souk and style of Manama city centre. Each villa brings home the signature sophistication of the Ritz-Carlton brand, imbued with an effortless coastal vibe.
4) Formula One: Just a short drive from The Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain is the Bahrain International Circuit, open all year round for families to take to the world famous track, which is home to 12 of the Bahrain Grand Prix. For motor racing fanatics, visit Bahrain in April for a chance to be a spectator at the Formula One.
5) A warm welcome: Home to over 50% expatriates from all over the world, Bahrain is a wonderful realm of multiculturalism that is complemented with welcoming locals. Tourists here will immediately feel the warmth of the local population who are some of the most accommodating in the Middle East.
6) Ancient heritage: Bahrain was once home to the ancient Dilmun civilisation. At school, most of us read The Epic of Gilgamesh, the world’s very first poem recorded, around 2000 BC. Scholars believe that Bahrain (then Dilmun) is thought to be the place where Gilgamesh travelled to seek immortality.
7) Architectural wonders: Bahrain has a world heritage fort that will take your breath away. If you love architecture, ancient civilisations and far-reaching views then Qal’at al-Bahrain, or Bahrain Fort, is the place for you. It’s right by the sea and there’s also a museum with everything they’ve found dating back to 2300BC.
8) Spectacular Shopping: Don’t miss out on the ‘Gold City’ in the capital Manama, an area abundant in diamonds, gold and Bahraini pearls – some of the world’s most exquisite jewellery. The colourful and bustling souk is full of gold jeweler, spices, woven baskets, textiles and of course, Bahraini pearls – the most sought-after in the world.
9) Awe-inspiring culture: The Al-Fateh Mosque is the largest place of worship in Bahrain, and holds up to 7,000 worshipers. The beautiful site also features a large dome at the top of the mosque which is made entirely out of fiberglass, making it currently the world’s largest fibreglass dome and something to truly inspire.
10) A stunning spa: The Ritz- Carlton, Bahrain offers one of the world’s most serene and sea-inspired spas. Using minerals from the Dead Sea, thalassotherapy treatments and a host of inviting plunge pools along with one of the most beautiful hammans in the world — visitors leave feeling rejuvenated and restored in this ultimate desert oasis.
For more information or to book, visit http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/middle-east/bahrain