The unique lobster-shaped Iridium Spa at The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, perched above the clear waters of the secluded Dhaalu Atoll, offers spa heaven on a remote tropical island. The largest overwater spa in the Maldives has introduced the four-day Iridium Signature Legacy treatment as a complete holistic experience for the body and mind.
The experience features four treatments and a bespoke wellness consultation, as well as use of the expansive hydrotherapy Blue Hole Pool, which uses heated seawater and an array of whirlpool jets to deliver curative physical and psychological benefits.
The treatments take place in the six overwater treatment rooms positioned in the pincers of the ‘lobster’. Portholes with views of the seabed mean that guests can watch the teeming marine life below while they’re being treated, creating a soothing backdrop for an exceptional range of spa experiences.
The Iridium Signature Legacy package includes the following for $1,425:
- – 30-minute wellness consultation: A consultation with the resort’s in house wellness doctors, to ensure a bespoke and personalised experience.
- – 90-minute Iridium Signature Touch Treatment: a fusion of traditional Asian techniques to apply pure natural oil and feed the skin with vital nutrients. This is followed by a warm sand scrub from Vommuli Island’s beach, dipped in virgin coconut oil, and rubbed over the upper back to penetrate organic minerals into the skin, relieve muscle tension, and improve blood circulation.
- – 60-minute rose salt body scrub and Mococa: After an exfoliating scrub, guests are enveloped in a Mococa body wrap. Mococa is made from detoxing cocoa, coffee beans and coconut milk, providing soothing nourishment to the skin whilst delighting the senses.
- – 120-minute Shirodhara: This ayurvedic treatment involves a four hand massage which is immensely calming and followed by pouring a steady stream of warm herbal oil onto the third eye chakra on the forehead, taking guests to a blissful state of serenity.
- – 210-minute Caviar Journey: The journey begins with deep breathing exercises before using bamboo and fruit enzymes to buff the skin. The anti-ageing caviar proteins firm, tone, refine and deeply hydrate the skin. Then a therapeutic massage, using the finest Neroli massage oil enriched with magnesium, relaxes the muscles and dissipates tension. The Caviar Journey concludes with a lavender bath whilst sipping a glass of Champagne, savouring a delectable caviar, and gazing out at the Indian Ocean from the bath.
Guests can also get in touch with their spiritual side with a consultation from the spa’s Ayurvedic specialist, who offers a complimentary 15-minute consultation for all spa guests. The resort’s Naturopathic doctor provides acupuncture, a 5,000-year-old traditional medicinal treatment, while other expert specialist staff curate bespoke rituals to fulfil each guest’s individual wellness needs. Dedicated spa goers seeking inner peace and balance can start their days with sunrise yoga and finish with sunset meditation – or enjoy a different kind of ‘Om’ with a sundowner at the resort’s Whale Bar, watching the magnificent Maldivian sun set over this piece of paradise.
A stay at the The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli is from £1,929 ($1,462) per room per night including taxes. Sea plane transfers from Male are $645 return per person. To book visit www.stregismaldives.com