They were the hallmarks of a golden age: Champagne toasts against a backdrop of twinkling lights and a shimmering lake. High-spirited conversation and gleeful camaraderie. Inspired moments of purposeful rest and recreation. The Roaring Twenties represented a time of great social and cultural advancement in the United States, and it’s in that same spirit of expansive cheer and lighthearted leisure that The Landing Resort & Spa in South Lake Tahoe invites guests to revel and relax during a new summer two-night vacation escape that replicates “Great Gatsby”-era luxury and prosperity while sharing Tahoe’s stately summer home past.
Lake Tahoe’s only five-star boutique lakeside resort, The Landing created its new Roaring Twenties Summer Escape package, Aug. 1 – Sept. 30, 2017, to provide guests with a peek into South Lake Tahoe’s storied past through activities that hark back to this charmed era, including a sunset champagne cruise and a guided tour of one of Tahoe’s magnificent historic properties.
- Complimentary Gatsby-era Champagne Cocktail or Gin Rickey in Jimmy’s resplendent onyx-backed bar, on the lakeview deck or delivered to the room
• A magical dinner at Jimmy’s, The Landing’s elegant and inviting “Best of Tahoe”-ranked restaurant, which serves Greek-inspired, Mediterranean-influenced cuisine for three meals daily
• Two fifty-minute treatments in the serene and restful Spa at The Landing
• A tour for two of one of the area’s first grand summer homes, the “hidden castle” known as Vikingsholm, built in 1929 on picturesque Emerald Bay.
• A two-hour Lake Tahoe sunset cruise, complete with complimentary hors d’oeuvres, on the Safari Rose, a vintage 80-foot luxury yacht with a past that includes sailing the Caribbean with captains of industry.
• Guests visiting Aug. 12-13 can get in the spirit – and costume – for the annual Great Gatsby Festival, presented by the Tahoe Heritage Foundation.
In addition, nearby summer adventures such as golf, hiking, biking, kayaking and fishing offer more opportunities to enjoy the abundance of the outdoors. And at the end of the day, The Landing’s cozy yet spacious rooms await, each individually and lavishly decorated with gas fireplaces, soft-leather furnishings, private balconies and indulgent marble baths.
Price for the two-night package for two, which runs from Aug. 1 – Sept. 30, 2017, is $1,500 (double occupancy; tax and resort fee additional). Rate includes two nights’ lodging, dinner at Jimmy’s ($150 dining credit), two Roaring Twenties cocktails (champagne cocktail or Gin Rickey); two 50-minute spa treatments; Vikingsholm tour for two and Lake Tahoe sunset cruise for two. Two weeks’ advance booking required; package is subject to availability. For full details and reservations, visit www.thelandingtahoe.com.
The Landing Resort & Spa, Lake Tahoe’s only five-star boutique lakeside resort, offers award-winning contemporary European room design with stone fireplaces, ultra-luxurious bathrooms and spectacular lake views. Amenities include Jimmy’s Restaurant, recent recipient of “Best of Tahoe” honors, and the Spa at The Landing. Walking distance to the nightlife, dining and shopping of South Lake Tahoe and just blocks from Heavenly Gondola and Village Center, The Landing is one of only two U.S. hotels on TripAdvisor’s list of 10 top lakeside hotels worldwide, and has been named an Oyster best U.S. Luxury Hotel, the top Northern California resort by Conde Nast Traveler readers, and #1 on Outside magazine’s 7 Best New Hotels in Ski Country. For additional information and reservations contact 855.700.5263 or visit www.thelandingtahoe.com.
Address: 4104 Lakeshore Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150